Sat and Sun, 11am to 6pm
4th ANNUAL EDGEWATER ARTS FESTIVAL
SCHEDULED FOR SEPTEMBER 24 & 25
WHAT: Formerly the “Edgewater Fall Art Fair,” the event has been renamed to highlight its bringing together many different forms of art, including visual arts, music, and performing arts. The Festival features an impressive multi-cultural and multi-generational lineup of Chicago artists and is rapidly growing into one of Chicago’s premier artistic events. The event’s signature combination of “neighborhood party” atmosphere and “big city” caliber art attracts thousands of art lovers and buyers from all over the city.
This year’s program mirrors the lineup of attractions that have proved successful in the past:
• 100+ Chicago-based artists, selected by juried process, exhibiting original works in painting, photography, glasswork, illustration, pottery, mixed media, functional art, and hand-made jewelry;
• 3 stages of eclectic live music, spanning jazz, reggae, country, flamenco, African drumming, show tunes, classical music, folk and choir singing;
• Craft Beer selection and cuisine from Edgewater restaurants;
• Children’s Activity Corner for kids (age 1-12) and Young Artists’ Gallery, with artworks by students of local grade schools and high schools;
• Children’s Music Talent Showcase, with performances by elementary school-aged kids who reside in Edgewater;
• Pet Parade & Costume Contest.
WHY: The festival was established in 2013 to help put Edgewater on the map of artistic destinations in Chicago and celebrate its cultural and creative diversity, while helping local businesses grow.
WHO: The fest is organized by Edgewater Artists in Motion (EAIM), a 501(c)3 organization whose mission is "to enhance Edgewater's appeal as a vibrant, pedestrian friendly, commercial district; to assist existing businesses and attract new business; to showcase original art in Edgewater for the long-term benefit of the community."
WHEN: September 24 & 25, 2016, 11:00am to 6:00pm
WHERE: 1040-1190 West Granville Avenue, Chicago, IL – from Broadway St. to Sheridan Rd. At the Granville stop on the CTA Red Line (wheelchair accessible).
ADMISSION: Free (Suggested $5 gate donation)
Most media is eligible: paint on canvas, sculpture, functional, wearable, wood, mixed, photography, etc.
$175 for 10x10; $200 for corner space